Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Tri Polish Challenge - Day 1

Hello! I'm back!! I guess everyone was expecting this except me, even my doctor when she gave me the do-i-need-to-call-the-psych-ward-for-you look when i asked her how many people make it alive out of  lumpectomy-s *true story*.

So I've taken up another challenge and this one will definitely push my meagre skills to try newer things.


It is Crumpet's Nail Tarts Tri Polish Challenge each month Crumpet's Nail Tarts will set 3 colours for the challenge.  You then choose 1 polish to represent each of those 3 colours. You must stick to those same 3 polishes throughout the entire challenge. The colours for this month are Coral Purple and Green. Welcome to my hell. Anywhoo here's the colours i chose 


Avon Electric Green, Midnight Plum and Coral Beat

That is also the only Coral i own, close call eh? Now you can use blacks whites and glitters so that's what made me decide to do it. You've got to do only four mani's a month and i couldn't think of more than two. Hopefully i won't fall flat on my face and come up with half decent ones. One of the mani's should have all three colours too so i decided to get that done first! I started with two coats of Avon Midnight Plum.



and then i decided to go with stripes. Now i don't have a striping tool so i just used the paint brush i had at home which is kinda thick but you gotta do what you gotta do! I used Avon Electric Green first.

stick around it gets better

then i used Avon Coral Beat and striped over the extra fat-ass green hee hee.

a leeetle better,no?

Then i used glitter cause Crumpet said i could and i absolutely needed it!

Yay!!

And i was happy with it for someone who can't draw for peanuts i think i did quite well!! As i was so happy i also went Photo Craa-aazyy. I won't subject you'll to all here are two! 

say hi to me! oh this is without the glitter FYI


  oi  fingers is this big enough :P

And that's day one of a challenge that we're gonna do until we're bored. Different colours every month :) Hope you'll like it too.


Lots of Love,







Have a look at the other awesome Mani's for the challenge:-

12 comments:

  1. Glad everything went well and you're back! :-)
    Cute mani!

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! Great color combo! I have the coral polish. I have yet to use it other than on my toes. So it will be great to see some ideas. Tip for you possibly...when in doubt grab the.dotting tool! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) you should also use the coral to stamp over black looks great! and yes i was thinking about dots there's a few mani's left thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. Very nice job! Hint for you-check out everyone else's manis and then you likely will be inspired. Hopefully the anesthesia fog will lift for you soon. Have fun with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thank you! yes i did check they're all so great your's too :) i don't mind my meds though I'm getting sleep and no one calls me lazy win-win

      Delete
  4. Great choice of polishes , love the stripes :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about surgery...but happy they didn't have do more! Heal-up, feel better & I love this mani....I think your stripes look great! And besides...glitter is a grand camoflage for little mess-ups :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I'm glad it was a minor surgery :) They are sure its not malignant :) I'm feeling better already all i do is read blogs all day! haha oh you said it about glitter! i love it! thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  6. Cute mani! I dont see many people using Avon polishes, do they stamp well? Im getting tons of ideas by looking at others. Cant believe theres almost 50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes there's so many ideas I'm wondering which to choose..These three polishes would not stamp well at all they're runny and need atleast two coats but some of them do stamp well the speed dry ones cause they're usually one coaters! I dunno if you get the same shades there cause we don't have half of them in India but their new Matte range is very pretty.

      Delete